Tuesday 18 June 2013

Goal Crisps - Steve Heighway Colour Action Pictures


c1977/78
Steve Heighway Colour Action Pictures
Goal Crisps
12 cards

Liverpool collector Gerard Scully has been in touch, following a recent post regarding Steve Heighway cards issued by Goal Crisps. He knows of another collecction...

Hi Alan
You have an Excellent site that I have visited dozens of times. It is a great reference point for many collectors.
I am a Liverpool collector of practically every format of memorabilia including cigarette and trade cards, and will be sending you a few cards/stickers that I have over the next while.
Firstly, Steve Heighway Goal Crisps set circa 1977/1978. Set of 12. cards come hinged as displayed. I purchased these a few years ago, cost me approx. £300 from a dealer. I believe they are very rare and I only ever saw them on eBay once and they went 350! I have never seen the crisp packets nor the wallchart.

Back states…

With every packet of ‘Goal’ crisps you get a free colour action picture of Liverpool F.C. and Ireland soccer star, Steve Heighway.
Collect all 12 great pictures in the series.
PLUS! You also get one piece of a large 10” x 10.5” colour picture of your star, collect all 12 pictures and you have a terrific, autographed picture of Steve, for mounting on our exclusive wall chart.

Best wishes, Gerard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.