Friday 7 February 2014

Football Favourites Vol 2 No 1 - Footballers


1950-51

Footballers
Football Favourites Vol 2 No 1
17 photos

Being a 'one club' collector it's possible to go long periods without adding new items to my collection. From time to time, and now with the advent of eBay, becoming more prominent, is the sale of photos similar to the sort of 'cut out and collect' items that I've covered previously, that were popular in the years following World War Two. Each includes a biography to go along with the photo. They are pasted on to card and neatly cut out. I've always bought any Cardiff City ones I've come across, but never find out where they come from. I bought a magazine the other day that included a photo of Ron Stitfall and it's one I'd bought previously, as a 'card'. I thought I'd share this information along with a couple of scans of the pages in case others have something similar in their collections that currently reside in a section for unknown cards.


Large photos - 4 to a page (maximum)


W. Watson (Sunderland)

W. Bauld (Hearts)
R. Ryan (West Bromwich Albion)
W. Rees (Leyton orient)
E. Spicer (Liverpool)
W. Goffin (Aston Villa)
E. Brown (Southampton)
J. Taylor (Huddersfield Town)

Small Photos - 6 to a page (maximum)


E. Taylor (Newcastle United)

T. Berry (Hull City)
H. Goring (Arsenal)
R. Stitfall (Cardiff City)
W. Nicholson (Tottenham Hotspur)
W. Hindmarsh (Portsmouth)
D. Murphy (Bolton Wanderers)
A. Cox (Sheffield United)
J. Carey (Manchester United)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.