Wednesday 26 March 2014

Jackdaw - Soccer


1971

Soccer
Jackdaw
12 cards

These cards, measuring 90mm x 120mm, were included in a folder called 'Soccer' sold in the 1960s, which included reprints of old programmes, rules of the game, newspaper cuttings, etc. I haven't seen a complete folder for sale for a long time.
UPDATE:  I've been sent some information about this collection.... This Jackdaw No.104 Soccer folder was not issued in the 1960s but in 1971 (more specifically on July 20, 1971!) as proven when you look up the edition's ISBN number (0305620185). 

1.  Lev Yashin (Russia)
2.  Pele (Brazil)
3.  Alfredo di Stefano (Spain)
4.  Ferenc Puskas (Hungary)
5.  Stanley Matthews (England)
6.  Billy Meredith (Wales)
7.  Alex James (Scotland)
8.  Gianni Rivera (Italy)
9.  Uwe Seeler (West Germany)
10.  Juan Sciaffino (Uruguay)
11.  Ricardo Zamora (Spain)
12.  Danny Blanchflower (Northern Ireland)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alan - bit of a long shot but I have a Soccer folder that you mention above - all the contents are there and in good shape but the folder is a little worn...mainly just due to time. I'm interested in selling it but don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      The only option I know of is eBay. A number of the cards appear from time to time but it's been a long while since I've seen the complete folder for sale.

      Sorry, I'm not much help,

      Alan

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.