Monday 6 May 2013

Daily Mail - Sportraits (Photographic)


1946

Sportraits (newspaper cut-outs)
Daily Mail
21 cut outs

Another variation on the Sportraits newspaper cut-outs. I presume these also come from the Daily Mail. These are numbered and although the body is drawn the head is a photograph, a short biography is followed by a facsimile autograph. No. 21 is the highest number I've seen. I don't know if it is significant or just a coincidence that the only ones I know of so far come from the two Manchester clubs.

1.  Les McDowell (Manchester City)
2.  Jack Carey (Manchester United)
3.  
4.  
5.  
6.  
7.  
8.  
9.  
10.  
11.  
12.  
13.  Jack Rowley (Manchester United)
14.  
15.  
16.  Charlie Mitten (Manchester United)
17.  
18.  
19.  
20.  Eric Westwood (Manchester City)
21.  John Aston (Manchester United)
22.  
23.  
24.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.