Thursday 7 November 2013

D.C. Thomson / The Rover - Famous Footballers (1960)


1960
Famous Footballers
D.C. Thomson / The Rover
8 cut-outs

These drawings are very similar to the ones published on the front cover of The Rover from time to time between the late 1940s and early 1970s. These seem different to the ones I checklisted a while ago. I don't know how many there were but I'd presume there'd be about 11 on the page and that they were printed around the time of the 1958 World Cup in Sweden.
I was wondering if anyone might know a little more about these?

Joe Baker (Hibernian and England)
John Charles (Juventus and Wales)
Alfredo Di Stefano (Real Madrid and Spain)
Tommy Lawton (Arsenal and England)
Jimmy McGrory (Celtic and Scotland)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.