Sunday 13 September 2015

Daily Express - (DAI-070-2) Football Teams (1965-66)


1965-66
(DAI-070-2) Football Teams
Daily Express
10 known

Not much is known about this collection of postcards issued through the Daily Express. Two Southern League clubs are included. I'm including details here hoping others may come to light. You can see the Reading postcard on Chris Lee's Reading website - The Biscuitmen - Trade Items.

UPDATE (18-09-2016 20:51):  Bournemouth added - front and back.

Bedford Town

Bournemouth
Coventry City
Ipswich Town
Reading
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Norwich City
Bath City
Swindon Town
Portsmouth


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug Alan. I was confused about the year of issue when I first got this card, as Reading switched to an all sky blue kit for 1965-66. But I realised the photo must have been taken pre-season before the new strip arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      It's an unusual collection of team photos with Bath City and Bedford Town included. only wish I knew more about it.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.